Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Living in Perhaps by Julia Widdows

This is a novel about 2 adopted children (a sister and a brother) who grow up with very conventional suburban parents who live next door to a large, wild, bohemian family. It is told by the adopted sister from her psychiatric ward, although it is not clear what sent her there until the end of the novel. This book isn't great - for some reason I found it a bit of a struggle. I think my difficulty with it is that I found the central character difficult to relate to and could not get that interested in the plot. It isn't dreadful and there is a lot about this book which is resonating but I wouldn't particularly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.