Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Monday 15 August 2011

A Week In December by Sebastian Faulks

I have mixed feelings about this book. Some days I enjoyed it, some days I hated it which makes it very difficult to review. It follows a number of characters over a week in December, and particularly focuses on the banking crisis. There's also a lot of social commentary on middle class etiquette. On the days I didn't like it, it was because the analysis of the economic collapse was incredibly smug and over simplified and the characters very stereotypical. On the days I did like it, it was because there was one character who had a more interesting story (the tube driver). Definitely not as good as Birdsong and difficult for me to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.