Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Friday 27 January 2012

The Next Always by Nora Roberts

I will be sending a strongly worded letter to the Amazon 'recommendations' department re this novel. It is proper chick lit. The plot was boring, predictable and idealistic and the characters one dimensional and unrealistic. I could feel my brain cells dying. There's better writing in the real life section of Take A Break. Almost the only verb used was 'to grab' (showers, movies, breaks, all sorts of food and drink) and this is an actual extract:

"The extra project wasn't as much of a time suck as he'd feared."

One has to assume the inclusion of this sentence won the author a bet.

My personal morals did not allow me to give up on this book. That, and the promise I made to that effect to Brown Owl when I collected my readers badge. But if I'd been allowed one reprieve, I would have cashed it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.