Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Friday 17 February 2012

The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson


An unusual book about a family of artists who create bizarre scenes in public places in order to record the reaction of the general public.  This novel is interesting and humorous but also quite a complex analysis of the influence of one's parents on one's personality and life experiences.  The characters are a little unrealistic but likeable and intriguing and the writing is very good.
 
I really enjoyed reading this book and would definitely recommend it.   If I were a completely different person I would write "this is so good I missed my tube stop!!!!!!!" but this is an unacceptable sentence for anybody with and IQ above 45 (and to be honest I was a bit hung-over and may have missed my stop even if I had been reading The Still Point - which, as a reminder, is shit).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.