Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Sunday 30 September 2012

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catheriynne M Valente

I was recommended this novel because I loved Daughter Of Smoke & Bone. Daughter Of Smoke & Bone is much, much better - read that twice instead.

 If you're twelve (or under), this novel is awesome. If you're over twelve, it's a bit boring.

 There are some novels that are written for 12 year olds that adults can enjoy without thinking - 'my God this book is much too young for me - people must think I'm retarded or something for even reading it - can anyone see the cover? Oh, thank God for kindles. What shall I read next? What shall I have for dinner? Ooh look there's an advert for a new mortgage rate. Perhaps I should look into that." This book is not one of those

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.